Don’t you just just hate it when you have leftover chicken in the fridge that looks unappetizing and you have no clue what to do with it? I know, I do too!
I always end up with a bowl of leftover chicken every other day and I can never get myself to throw it out because it’s such a waste to throw out perfectly fine chicken.
One of my favorite things to do is wrap up leftover chicken in tortillas and cook them it in different ways with different spices. Tortillas cook very fast and are also great for taking to work or eating as a snack.
- 4 8-10 inch flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar or Monterrey jack cheese I used cheddar
- 1/4 cup cream cheese softened
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, shredded chicken, cheese, garlic powder, cilantro, salt and pepper.Mix thoroughly until well combined.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray over medium heat. Carefully place one tortilla on the pan, top with half the mixture and spread out evenly, top with another tortilla. Cook for 2 minutes then flip with a spatula and cook the other side for 2 minutes or until light golden and the cheese is melted. Repeat for 2nd quesadilla.
- Remove from heat and cut into 8 slices. Serve with salsa or guacamole.
- Serve warm with your favorite salsa.